Safety Measures & Information For Our Guests
We always want to maintain a clean, safe environment for all of our guests and we are excited to welcome you to Myrtle Beach. Below are procedures and extra measures being taken at our resort as well as important information for your stay with us.
Please note that the following procedures and guidelines have been put in place in the interest of the safety of our guests and staff.
Myrtle Beach Mask Ordinance:
The City of Myrtle Beach has mandated that masks are required for guests within enclosed common areas of hotels, food service establishments, retail establishments and personal services businesses. While in the hotel, guests will be required to wear masks while in the lobby, elevators, restaurants and any other common areas indoors as well as outdoors where maintaining adequate social distancing of at least 6 feet is not possible. If you are planning to visit other municipalities during your stay, ordinances may vary based on location. Click here to view FAQ's on the city mask ordinance. | Click here to read the full ordinance. Additionally, the governor of SC requires face masks at entertainment businesses such as, but not limited to, theaters and stadiums as well as at restaurants.
- Public spaces will be cleaned every two to four hours, or more depending on volume of guest, staff and delivery traffic.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch points, including all entry doors and handles, front desk counter/surface, pens, key cards, credit card machines, elevator doors and buttons (inside and out), public computers, public bathroom door handles, toilets and toilet seats, water faucet handles, light switches, and flooring.
- We will frequently empty trash and disinfect in all public spaces as needed
- For your safety and the safety of others we are encouraging the practice of social distancing while using our elevators; please do not exceed the maximum number of guests posted at each elevator. All guests should wear face masks or face protection while occupying the elevator and we encourage you to use the stairs whenever possible.
The following safety and cleaning measures are being taken for the accommodations on our front desk rental program:
- All cleaning equipment will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Housekeepers will wear gloves at all times while cleaning and will discard gloves upon completion of cleaning each unit.
- All high-touch points will be cleaned thoroughly between guest stays, including door handles, locks/latches, light switches, all desks and counters, coffee maker, telephone, TV remote, clock radios, drapery pulls, lamps, bathroom handles, toilets and toilet seats, waste cans, and all floors.
- Strict laundry protocols will be followed when our staff is handling linens and towels including measures to prevent cross-contamination between clean and dirty linens during the collection and cleaning process.
- Sofa bed linens (for applicable room types) will be bagged and sealed with a tamper proof sticker before they are put into a room.
In order to keep social distancing standards, only one guest (whose name is on the reservation) should enter the lobby for check-in.
- Front desk clerks will wear gloves and masks
- Social distancing will be promoted, with floor markings six feet apart
- Plexiglass partition will be installed at the front desk in front of each station
- We will have a container for guests to drop off keys and pool bands that will be sanitized prior to the next use.
- We will continuously clean all front desk surfaces between guests
To minimize contact for the safety of our guests and staff, daily housekeeping will not be available. Additionally:
- All rooms will be made up with fresh, clean linens and towels prior to every guest check in. Exchange of towels, bed linens and other amenities will be provided upon request only during your stay. Please trade dirty linens in to get clean linens if required.
- Trash will be emptied upon request only.
We are hoping to have as many resort amenities open as possible but keeping the safety of our guests and staff in mind, certain outlets or amenities may be limited or unavailable.
The following amenities are currently unavailable:
- Fitness Center
Pools & Water Features:
Our pools are open, including our main building outdoor pools and our Wet & Wild Pool! Pool hours are 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
St. John's Inn pool is open seasonally.
The following safety procedures will be in place:
- Lounge chairs will be spaced 6 foot apart for social distancing.
- Signage will be placed around the pool areas with important pool guidelines from DHEC.
Chairs will be sanitized regularly.
The following amenities are currently available for guest-use with safe social distancing measures:
- Guest Laundry Facilities
- Beach Access
- Vending Machines
- Sun Deck
- Oceanfront Lawn
*Affected amenities are subject to change without notice. We appreciate your understanding.
Our seasonal poolside Marco Polo is currently open, weather-permitting, from noon to 6 p.m Fridays through Sundays through October 11.
Santa Maria is currently open for breakfast (for an additional fee) Saturdays and Sundays 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Marco Polo & Santa Maria are exclusive for onsite front desk rental guests.
We are excited to announce that our resort has gone cashless at our on-site outlets!
You will be able to:
• Enjoy faster check-out times at your favorite Caravelle Resort outlets, allowing for more time for fun in the sun.
• Be able to charge all food and beverage purchases to your room.
• No need to carry around a wallet or purse that might get wet in the ocean or dropped in the pool. All you need is your room key.
• Safe and secure - you can track all your transactions simply by visiting the front desk.
Simply load your room key with an accepted form of payment when you arrive. Your room key may be used at the following on-site outlets:
• Marco Polo
• Santa Maria
The following precautions will be taken in regards to dining service:
- Outlets will utilize single use disposable plates, bowls, cutlery and cups
- All beverages served in disposable/takeaway cups or glasses
- Single-use, disposable menus will be used and discarded after each guest.
- All hard surface tables will be disinfected between guests.
- Any tables will be spaced to create proper social distancing.
- A hand sanitizer station for guests will be provided as well as for staff.
- All other SC DHEC food and beverage regulations will be followed to the letter of the law.
*Outlets are subject to change without notice. We appreciate your understanding.
Beaches are open and can be enjoyed with social distancing in mind.
Local businesses are operating under local and federal guidelines and ordinances. Below is an overview of current operations, however, please check with any individual businesses you are interested in patronizing for more information on their current operations. These operations are subject to change.
Restaurants: Restaurants are available for take-out and delivery, as well as indoor and outdoor dining, if they so choose to be open and must follow certain guidelines. Many restaurants in our area are offering delivery through such options as Grub Hub and Chow Now, Door Dash and Uber Eats.
Retail Stores: A variety of types of stores are able to be open if they so choose to be. These include: sporting goods stores, book stores, music shops, shoe and craft stores, jewelry stores, floral shops and luggage and leather goods stores.
Essential Businesses: Grocery stores and other types of stores deemed essential have been permitted to remain open.
Additional Business Types Available to be Open: Barbershops, hair salons, waxing salons, threading salons, nail salons and spas, body-art facilities and tattoo services, tanning salons, massage-therapy establishments and massage services and commercial gyms including group exercise facilities such as yoga studios, barre classes, and others.
Attractions such as the following can be open: museums, aquariums, waterparks, amusement parks, go-kart tracks, mini golf and more.
Note, check with each individual business you are interested in visiting for their operating plans and current hours.
Most attractions in the area are now open. A sampling of area attractions that are currently open include:
Myrtle Waves Water Park, Wild Water & Wheels, Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, The Market Common, Duplin Winery, WonderWorks, Soar+Explore Zipline, Ripley's Aquarium, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Rockin' Jump, Myrtle Beach SkyWheel, Board & Brush
*Subject to change.
testimonials what our guests say
The room was perfect, and the oceanfront view was great!- Edna L
The Omelet Chef is a true joy, remembers us every year and makes great omelets.- mrjosephelee
I Love Caravelle!- Niquala M
Peaceful and quiet at night.- Robert L
Pool was nice, clean and refreshing!- Martin L
Had a great view of the ocean and a very clean room!- Brad A
Definitely the best breakfast!- Melissa D
Best family vacation ever.- Justin S
The employees are absolutely sweet as sugar!- Angela Y
It's centrally located to most of the attractions, and our room was super clean and very nice!- Amber B
Treated like royalty, great place to stay!- jlittle000
Great location!- Michelle G
They truly showed what 'southern hospitality' was.- Kenny & Veronica