The Ship's Blog
Ring In 2019 With New Year’s Eve at The Caravelle
New Year's Eve is a time for self-reflection and setting new goals for the year ahead, and what better place to start fresh than at the beach on vacation! With the anticipation of an extravagant New Year’s Eve celebration, The Caravelle Resort is the ideal place to ring in the new year. Plus, you can enjoy your NYE in style by booking one of our newly renovated rooms and suites at our Caravelle Resort building, just steps away from the celebration at our St. John’s Inn.
New Year's Eve at St. John’s Inn
The adult-only evening will take place at our spacious banquet hall. This amazing New Year's Eve experience is $99 per person, or $189 per couple, inclusive of tax and gratuity.
Our evening of celebrations includes party favors, a buffet dinner, and so much more:
- 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Cocktail Hour w/complimentary house cocktails
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Buffet Dinner
- 7 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Cash Bar
- 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Party w/music and midnight champagne toast
Our NYE menu will feature an array of delicious options ranging from a carving station, to chopped salad bar to a raw bar and beyond. There’s something for everyone!
Make a trip to our carving station where we will be serving up steamship Wagyu beef, deep fried turkey w/pesto aioli, three berry chipotle sauce, Dijonnaise, and assorted mini brioche rolls.
Chopped Salad Bar
This chef-attended action station will feature Salad Bartenders who will put together the perfect salad for each guest. The salads will even be mixed in stainless steel cocktail shakers for a unique twist on this classic option. Choose from three salad options:
- Strawberry Spring Salad: This meatless option features organic field greens, fresh strawberries, pecans, St. Clemens’ bleu cheese and aged balsamic vinaigrette.
- Caesar Salad with Blacken Shrimp: Lettuce tossed lightly with our house-made creamy Caesar dressing and blackened shrimp.
- Butter Milk Fried Chicken Breast: Featuring organic field greens, Cajun candied pecans, heirloom tomatoes, cucumber, served with an organic honey tarragon vinaigrette.
Visit our South Pacific-themed action station attended by a chef who will treat you to tastes and flairs of the region. You can start with your choice of lo mein noodles or tofu then add chicken, steak or shrimp. Our chef will then toss your dish in a spicy lo mein sauce, with chopped scallions, cilantro, basil, bean sprouts, shredded carrots, red cabbage, crushed pecans and lime wedges. The dish is then presented in a small red and white Chinese to-go box.
Risotto fans will love this chef-attended station where the dish will be prepared fresh for the evening. Choose from three options for the perfect risotto side:
- Portabella Risotto: Featuring portobello mushrooms, white wine and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Steak & Shrimp Risotto: A combination of chicken stock, white wine, cream with sautéed shrimp, and prime ribeye steak with gorgonzola cheese.
- Parmesan Pesto Risotto: This rich and creamy risotto is tossed in our house pesto.
Take your choice of fresh fruit and a combination of imported and domestic cheeses from our displays.
We will be featuring a raw bar with peel and eat shrimp, Atlantic red crab and stone crab claw, steamed mussels and clams.
Stop by our buffet table for an array of additional delicious options:
- Blacken salmon with fiery mango sauce.
- Cacio e pepe (a spaghetti dish w/white truffle black pepper and Pecorino Romano sauce).
- Broccolini w/garlic and olive oil.
- Oven-roasted baby top carrots w/a smoked maple glaze.
Our meal will be completed with our chef’s selection of cupcakes and decadent dessert shooters.
New Year's Day
Start 2019 off right with a nice, filling breakfast at our top-rated, Santa Maria Restaurant. Santa Maria offers just what you'll need: a delicious southern-style breakfast buffet, including made-to-order omelet and Belgium waffle stations. Juice and coffee will be available to wash it all down. After breakfast, spend the day lounging by the pool, on the beach, or exploring all that Myrtle Beach has to offer. Pro-tip: add breakfast to your reservation in advance for a discount!
Spending your New Year's Eve and Day in Myrtle Beach will guarantee an extra fresh start to 2019. Whether you plan on commemorating 2018 with your loved one or with a group of friends, The Caravelle Resort is certainly the place to celebrate.
When you book your room, be sure to book the New Year’s Eve add-on in order to join in on the exciting celebrations. Or you can simply call to make a reservation to save your spot as reservations are recommended. Reservations can be made by contacting our front desk or Jennifer McDonald at 843-918-7057.
Check out our specials and book your New Year’s Eve Myrtle Beach trip today!
testimonials what our guests say
I Love Caravelle!- Niquala M
They truly showed what 'southern hospitality' was.- Kenny & Veronica
Definitely the best breakfast!- Melissa D
Peaceful and quiet at night.- Robert L
Had a great view of the ocean and a very clean room!- Brad A
The employees are absolutely sweet as sugar!- Angela Y
The Omelet Chef is a true joy, remembers us every year and makes great omelets.- mrjosephelee
Best family vacation ever.- Justin S
The room was perfect, and the oceanfront view was great!- Edna L
It's centrally located to most of the attractions, and our room was super clean and very nice!- Amber B
Treated like royalty, great place to stay!- jlittle000
Pool was nice, clean and refreshing!- Martin L
Great location!- Michelle G